Who We Are
We are an real estate auction company headed by Eric Johnson and Ronn Cunningham serving the central mid-west. Our staff of real estate auction professionals gives you over 100 years of combined real estate experience, each team member bringing their unique talents to bear for you.
CJ Auctions is licensed to auction real estate in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Colorado, South Dakota and Nebraska.
What We Do
CJ Auctions is a professional real estate auction company that uses a turnkey 5-step process to auction real estate. We auction all types of real estate from farms & ranches, single family residence and commercial assets.
Our clientele include individuals, financial institutions, attorney’s, trust companies, and bankruptcies. CJ Auction also handles full dispersals (equipment, tools, livestock, etc.) if a client needs to sell their personal property along with their real estate. There is no project to big or to small, we have auctioned it all.
Our Experienced Team
You’ll find Eric’s finger-prints on major real estate transactions across the country with an emphasis on complex acreage sales. Eric’s real estate auction experience is broad including farm, ranch, land, residential, estates, resort and commercial assets. You name it, Eric has successfully sold it.
- National Association of Realtors
- National Auctioneers Association
- Realtors Land Institute
Ronn offers the rare ability to mesh innovative ideas with best practices. Over 28 years auction experience, Ronn offers the insight and leadership only a seasoned hands-on professional can provide.
- Past President, Oklahoma Limousin Association
- Past President: Mayes County Cattlemen’s Association
- Ring Masters – Tulsa State Fair Junior Livestock Sale Committee
- Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association
- North American Limousin Association
- American Angus Association
- American Quarter Horse Association
- Oklahoma State Animal Science Alumni Association
As an auctioneer, Sonnys’ experience spans more than 6,000 auctions over 40 years. Sonny’s pattern of excellence earned him distinguished awards within the industry for marketing and a lifetime achievement award to name a few.
- The Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association
- The National Auctioneers Association
- The North American Limousin Foundation (past president, 1993)
Gloria brings 12+ years of auction experience that started in the mortgage lending industry. Gloria specializes in managing large property transactions such as farms, ranches, golf courses, resorts, commercial and estate dispersals.
Chris brings more than 26 years marketing experience helping companies build strong brands throughout numerous industries. Over the past 7 years, Chris has focused on the auction industry specializing in farm, ranch and land assets.
• Our experienced team will assist you in making an informed decision and determine if auction is the right solution for you
• Once you determine auction is right for you, we’ll plan auction and present property to local, regional and national buyers through aggressive multi media advertising.
• Marketing typically includes; custom web page, internet search optimization and advertising, signage, brochures, flyers, targeted postcards & email, print advertising in newspaper, trade journals & specialty publications
• Successful auctions require hands-on expertise to ensure the professional execution your property deserves
Our process involves 5 steps: (1) Discovery, (2) Planning, (3) Marketing, (4) Auction and (5) Closing
• Creates competition and forces the market to come to you
• Seller knows when the property will sell
• Exposure to a large number of potential buyers
• Property sells with no negotiations or contingencies
• Reduced time on the market reduce long-term carrying costs, including mortgage, utilities, maintenance & security
• Typically homes, buildings and other structures will have open inspections scheduled several weeks prior to auction and access will be provided prior to auction
• Acreage and land is most commonly viewable during daylight hours during the marketing period
• Online bidding is available on most properties
• Accomodations can be made for telephone bidding
• Contact office for details
• Registration is completed with a few basic questions and no fee
• State or Federally issued photo ID is required
• Ability to make 10% deposit/earnest money in form of cash; cashiers, personal or corporate check
• Means to fund closing. Bidders are not required to show proof of funds however, be sure that you have arranged financing or funds to close
• Yes, however, no contingencies are allowed
• All properties sold by CJ Auctions are offered ‘As Is-Where Is’. It is the high bidder’s responsibility to close within the stated closing period-typically with 30 days of executed contract
• Buyer purchases properties without warranties as to the condition
• CJ Auctions provides detailed information about property however it is the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence prior to bidding; buyer’s should always rely entirely on their own information, judgment and personal inspection prior to bidding
• CJ Auctions staff is ready and available to assist you with any questions
• Contact CJ Auctions directly
• Buyer’s choice may be offered when more than one property/parcel is being auctioned
• Successful high bidder wins the right to choose a property/parcel or properties/parcels from a grouping of similar or like-kind properties
• After high bidder selection, the property is deleted from the group and the bidding commences again
• Process continues until all properties/parcels are selected
• Auction begins promptly at stated time
• Auctioneer begins with opening announcements for public record including terms of sale, method of bidding and disclosures; your auctioneer will allow time for questions at this time
• Bid Assistants, known as “Ringmen” assist the auctioneer with identifying bidders and answer questions
• Tie bids or issues regarding who has the high has bid are resolved by the auctioneer who has complete and total authority
• Successful high bidders sign a purchase agreement and provide deposit/earnest monies at the auction site immediately following the close of auction
• Balance of purchase price will be due at closing –typically within 30 days of executed contract
[ps2id url=’/wordpress/who-we-are/#team’ offset=’100′][/ps2id]